"Architecture is a field of aesthetics that interfaces with civil engineering and is also termed as an applied science. Architecture centers around the construction of building and other similar structures. Though endlessly important for various practical reasons, architecture often has deep historical significance as well, and a structure’s architectural style is frequently used by historians or art historians to identify the time period of its creation. Throughout time, architecture and architectural styles have had artistic, cultural, and political significance, with important architectural structures transforming into landmarks or monuments of a bygone era. Louis Sullivan, the architect behind the now-ubiquitous skyscraper, was the first to note that “form follows function,” which now represents the foreword to modern architecture.
Practical trade and industry issues for architecture include cost estimation, construction administration, and scheduling, as well as building material coordination and manipulation. Architects and architectural designers use drawings to draft their building plans, though these drawings are now often computer-generated through computer-aided design and drafting (CAD/CADD). Effective design should take aesthetics, environmental impact, building function, social concerns, energy and resource efficiency, sustainability, and technical advancement into consideration."
"Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures. Architectural works, in the material form of buildings, are often perceived as cultural symbols and as works of art. Historical civilizations are often identified with their surviving architectural achievements.
""Architecture"" can mean:
1) A general term to describe buildings and other physical structures.
2) The art and science of designing buildings and (some) nonbuilding structures.
3) The style of design and method of construction of buildings and other physical structures.
4) Knowledge of art, science, technology and humanity.
5) The practice of the architect, where architecture means offering or rendering professional services in connection with the design and construction of buildings, or built environments.
6) The design activity of the architect, from the macro-level (urban design, landscape architecture) to the micro-level (construction details and furniture)."
A Portal developed to engage the community to harness the potential of youngsters and transform them into a vibrant workforce with industry oriented Skills as also to counsel and guide them in their professional career, to enable them join the Industrial mainstream in the production or service sector.
We IndiaSkillPedia Foundation Society comprise of nominated members of SKILL MISSION TEAMS from State Agencies.